- [email protected]
Dr. Chandru Mirchandani is a Fellow of the International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) and an Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA). He is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE). He has worked in the research and development of integrated circuits at Hewlett-Packard. Working for Lockheed-Martin Space Operations, he supported Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in the research, development, design and integration of VLSI-based telemetry systems using state-of-the-art technologies in ASIC design, PCB design and data transfer & storage.
Currently, with Leidos (formally Lockheed-Martin IS&GS – Civil), as a Qualified System Architect and Principal System Engineer and Lead in Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (RMA) Engineer, on their Aviation and Security Systems. He has developed, authored and delivered analysis for Reliability; Fault Trees; & Failure Mode & Effects. He developed an innovative process to distribute & allocate software faults to Computer Software Configuration Items (CSCIs) on the CPU usage, data content & operational environment. He recently developed a new software model predicting software failure rates, which are dynamically updated with actual data.
His interests include the research, design and model development of systems based on reliability, performance and cost; fault-tolerant systems; Bayesian processes and decision theory.
- Ph.D, Systems Engineering, George Washington University, 2009.
- M.S., Reliability Engineering, University of Maryland, 2000.
- M.E.E.E., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1979
- Designing Reliable System Architectures using Software and hardware models
- Digital Engineering Models for the 21st Century
- Heuristics for the analysis, design, decision process and optimization for complex systems