Dr. Pirtle is a researcher, engineer, and science policy practitioner. He wrote his dissertation under the direction of Prof. Zoe Szajnfarber, and has since taught EMSE 6801 Systems Engineering I. He is an engineer at NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC, and has supported both lunar science and human space exploration.
- Ph.D., Systems Engineering, George Washington University, 2020.
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Arizona State University, 2009.
- B.S.E., Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University, 2007.
- B.A., Philosophy, Arizona State University, 2007.
- Independence analysis/triangulation in complex systems modeling
- Systems development
- Engineering policy and ethics